This recipe cannot be any easier. Super fast and tastes really good. Make sure you have some crusty bread to go with!
4 medium chicken breasts cubed and cooked (rotisserie chicken works well too)
3 dried pasilla peppers, Anaheim or California red chiles reconstituted. (They are not hot peppers)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1-15oz can diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 cups chicken broth (low sodium if you like)
2 15oz cans black beans or cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups fresh baby spinach (kale or chard is good too)
salt and pepper to taste
Broken tortilla chips
Farmers cheese, Mexican cheese, monterey jack or cheddar
Minced green onion
1. Cover the dried peppers with water and place in the microwave for 10 minutes on high. This will reconstitute them. Stem and seed the chiles, break them into pieces and put them in a blender along with tomatoes and their juice, chili powder and cumin.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook chicken and add onion and garlic, stirring frequently. Add blended pepper/tomato mixture to chicken and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add broth, chard/spinach or kale, canned beans, corn
4 Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Simmer until greens are wilted.
6. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and a dollop of sour cream on top.