1 lb ground Italian sausage
1½ tsp crushed red peppers
1 large diced white onion
4 Tbsp bacon pieces
2 tsp chopped garlic
10 cups chicken broth
1 can cannelloni beans, drained
1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
1/2 bunch of kale, rough chopped
1 cup heavy cream or 2% milk (if you like it lighter)
1. Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat and put aside.
2. In the same pot, sauté bacon, onions and garlic over low-medium heat for approximately 5 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3. Add chicken broth to the pot and heat until it starts to boil.
4. Add the sliced potatoes and kale, cook until soft.
5. Add the beans
6. Add the heavy cream and just cook until thoroughly heated.
Stir in the sausage, let all heat through and serve.